Need to buy Christmas gifts for sailors? We’ve put together a Christmas gift guide of perfect present ideas for every sailor – from recreational yachtsmen to salty sea dogs.
Stocking fillers for sailors
- A Sailing Knife is a familiar item to many sailors and has the main tools needed for rope work, this Lomo Folding Sailing Knife made from stainless steel has a 6cm marlin spike, a shackler for undoing shackles and a 6cm cutting blade. It’s only 9.5cm when collapsed, perfect size for a stocking filler for a sailor.
- It can get chilly out on the water, a lovely Highlander Solid Fuel Hand Warmer will be a well appreciated gift for your sailor. Generates heat for up to 6hrs, easy to ignite, environmentally friendly and has a sturdy pocket sized case.
- Every keen sailor likes a compass. This Illuminated Magnetic Navigation Compass has an anti-glare hood and dual reading combination compass card, a red LED glow light and can be used for power boats up to 30ft!
Christmas gifts for sailors under £20
- We all love a book at Christmas, ‘Yachting Start to Finish’ is a perfect gift for a sailor. Whether you are a yacht owner, a keelboat racer or thinking about your first charter it’s the ideal companion to guide you through the complicated world of knots, navigation and heavy-weather sailing.
- Waterproof Socks are a perfect gift for those that spend a lot of time on the water. These Gill Thermal Hot Socks ensure maximum comfort and warmth, crafted from a 4-way stretch, moisture wicking fabric, these lightweight flexible socks naturally repel water – perfect for sailing!
- It’s nice for sailors to fill their boat with items of interest and sailing nostalgia, this Old World Ocean Currents Map Poster is a great item to decorate the cabin, or a room at home when they can’t get out on the water – perfect for anyone who’s first love is the sea!
Christmas gifts for sailors under £50
- Gloves can be a sailor’s best friend and a perfect gift. These Musto Performance Longfinger Gloves have a great grip and freedom for movement – purpose made for sailing.
- A Head Torch is a really useful present for a sailor, this Silva explore 4 400 Lumen Headtorch is 100% waterproof and comes with not only white light, but also red light to preserve night vision, and orange light which is optimal for map reading.
- Something to keep your belongings dry whilst sailing is a must – a waterproof bag is a great gift for a sailor. The Northcore Drybag 30L Backpack is a high performance drybag that is sure to keep all your sailing gear dry.
Christmas gifts for sailors under £100
- Treat your sailor to a pair of Gul Falmouth Leather Deck Shoes; the sideways stitched Gul marine sole is slip-resistant and made with non-marking siped rubber, making them perfect for on or off deck. With Gul’s signature green and red flag detail any sailor would look forward to opening these on Christmas morning.
- Being able to access your favourite hot drink is really important onboard. This Handpresso Coffee Machine means you can easily prepare your favourite coffee on the water, what a treat!
- A pair of binoculars are always a good gift for a sailor. The Seago Waterproof Binoculars are a lightweight, heavy binocular incorporating a compass and rangefinder. They are waterproof and sealed against water incursion in 1 metre of water for 30 minutes – they even float in case dropped over-board and come in a durable protective case.
Christmas gifts for sailors – no budget
- Electricity and charging can be a problem on a boat, probably because we’re taking more and more electronics onboard. Buy a SunPower Solar Panel Kit to make a sailor super happy this Christmas – these kits use genuine Sunpower semi-flexible panels and are bundled with a charge controller and 5m cables to create a complete solar charging package for all your sailing needs.
- Every sailor needs a lightweight sailing jacket, so take a look at this Helly Hansen HP Foil Light Sailing Jacket. It’s a great windbreaker whilst on the water, with adjustable cuffs and 2-way stretch, it guarantees you’ll be comfortable all sailing season.
- Buy a Floating Handheld VHF Radio to ensure they never lose their radio, the floating design and the orange core on this Cobra HH350 makes retrieving the radio easy if dropped overboard.